"God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Good health begins with forgiving ourselves and others.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103.2-5
"Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour. Matthew 9:22
Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you." And their eyes were opened. Matthew 9
Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.Matthew 15:28
Then Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well.""Luke 18:42
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.Isaiah 53:5
who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness——by whose stripes you were healed.1 Peter 2:24
"And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18 "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."Mark 16:17-18
Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."Mark 9:23
"Have the faith of God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
Jesus Our HealerMiracles and Healings happen on purpose
not by chance.
Supernatural miracles and healings are a fact of life. They are even more prevalent today than during Bible times. Why? Jesus said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." John 14:12 and "But you shall receive power (miraculous power) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."Acts 1:8
Many people wrestle with whether or not it is God's will for them to be healed. This stems from people feeling unworthy, religious teachings and bad doctrine based on peoples experiences not on the Word of God. However we know what the will of God is from his Word and his Word is very clear on healing and miracles. "Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases"Psalm 103.3 , "by whose stripes ye were healed"1Peter 2:24 , "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."Acts 10:38 , Jesus said "He who has seen Me has seen the Father". Looking at the life of Jesus he healed everyone that came to him to be healed. NOT ONCE do we see Jesus telling someone "No, God needs you in heaven, you can't be healed." Jesus healed everyone that came to him. God is good, he love us and is for us. Jesus says "I will !" Even the wicked when they humble themselves and yield to God find favor with Him. God is for you! He loves you so much he sent Jesus!!
On numerous occasions Jesus told people who had been healed "your faith has made you well". And Jesus encouraged people to not doubt "Be not afraid, only believe"Mark 5:36 so that they would receive their miracle. That is because Jesus knew that miracles and healings happen on purpose not by chance. They happen when people believe God, act on his Word and refuse to doubt. When we tackle difficult situations we should first consider God's Word. ...with God all things are possible.Mark 10:27 "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."Mark 9:23
"Faith comes by hearing the Word of God continuously". Romans 10:17 Doubt and unbelief come by hearing bad reports, words of fear and hopelessness. When Jesus was telling the man in Mark 5:36 to not be afraid and only believe he was telling him to fight the good fight of faith. It is a choice to believe and the more we hear God's word on the situation the easier it is to stay in faith.
Forgiveness & Healing were provided together. Jesus took our sin and our sickness and disease at the same time on the cross - they were paid for at the same time, both are freely ours to obtain. Complete restoration, Spirit, Soul and Body. Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases; Psalm 103:3 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53.5 "Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’?"Mark 2:9 Healing and forgiveness are both received the same way, by faith, and both have results that can be seen outwardly.
We don't have a formula to healing or miracles but here are some tips that may help.
Kick over the sacred religious cows that keep people from believing God! More via Real Audio
- Only Believe
- Continuously read and listen to the Word of God concerning healing.
- Find a church (body of believers) that knows how to get people well. Christians that know God's Word concerning healing and receiving. People can become skilled in the Word of God. You don't want people helping you that are trying to become skilled concerning healing and miracles, you want someone who knows!
- Forgive yourself and others This is critical!
- Believe that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6
- Let the joy of the Lord be your strength. "A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones."Proverbs 17:22
- Eat and drink only good things. Believe God to show you what to eat and drink. Many health issues are caused by consuming the wrong fuel. "Who satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."Psalm 103:5
- Don't accept treatments that have low success rates and that greatly damage the body systems. Search high and low for alternatives and definitely emphasize the highest quality nutrition available.
- Surround yourself with people that believe and speak the Word of God.
- Believe the Word of God not the experience of some good saint that spent their lives helping others and serving God. People are healed by faith, not by their good works!!
- Avoid strife, arguments, backbiting, negative speaking, criticizing others. Faith works by love (agape). Love is patent, love is kind, love is alway ready to believe the best of others, love endures all things, loves hopes, love never fails. God is love.
- If you have never given your life completely to God, do so. Accept what Jesus has done for you. Call upon the name of Jesus. For there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.Acts 4:12
- Spend time worshipping God, be thankful !!
Attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the
midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those
that find them, and health to all their flesh.
- Job - I guess I am just like Job.... Be like Job then, believe God and pray for others. Job was totally healed and he was more prosperous than before his trial. If you are going to be like Job, you better recover and prosper!! Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning.... After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and grandchildren for four generations. So Job died, old and full of days.Job 42:12-17
- Paul - I guess I have a thorn in the flesh like Paul.... Paul's thorn was due to his abundance of revelation, it was an evil spirit - a messenger of Satan. You probably don't qualify. Even if you did, read the end of the book of Acts. Paul got over it and lived peacefully.
For lots of scriptures concerning Healing see The Word of God on Healing